Sunday, November 6, 2011

Into the Future...

The P3s, including myself, just ranked our rotation clusters this past week and we signed up for our Spring 2012 semester classes.  All of these things make me think long and hard about my future - my aspirations and goals as a future pharmacist.  The thought of becoming a licensed pharmacist in less than 1.5 years is extremely exciting, but honestly, a bit frightening.  It calls for a lot of responsibility, much more than what I'm used to, because lives are in your hands.  I went on pre-rounds at the WMC this past week with one of my professors, and it was a bit depressing, but at the same time, quite amazing.  The different thoughts the pharmacist goes through, the many suggestions they come up with for medication therapy interventions, and the what-seems-like infinite knowledge they have was jaw-dropping.  I hope that I can do what they do someday - making a difference in patient's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment